Preparation Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 45min
Yield: One Cake
- 05 eggs
- 01 ½ cup of sugar
- 01 ½ cup of Voila All-Purpose wheat flour
- 01 teaspoon of yeast
- 01 cup of milk
Sweetened Condensed Milk Icing
- 01 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (200ml) of coconut milk
- 01 ¾ cup of milk
- 01 ½ cup of shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC (medium temperature).
- Butter a 33 cm x 22 cm rectangular cake tray and sprinkle with wheat flour; shake well to cover the bottom and sides and tap over the sink to remove excess flour.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the yeast. Reserve.
- In another bowl, break one egg at a time, separating the white from the yolk.
- Beat the egg whites to the point of snow (we recommend using an electrical mixer). Add the egg yolks one by one, beating with each addition to incorporate.
- Finally, add the sugar little by little while still mixing.
- Add the flour through a sieve and mix gently with a spatula, making movements from bottom to top, to preserve the air in the dough.
- Add the milk and mix to incorporate, always with light movements.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, milk and coconut milk.
- In the cake (still warm) drill holes all over the surface with a fork.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake while still warm and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving,
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on the top and serve.
Did you already look at someone and told that person looks like “a Peter” or another specific name? No, yes?! If you do that, you